Update: This position has been filled. Thank you for those who applied.
It’s been an incredible three years, but it’s time to say goodbye…
Ally Whitelaw has been Michele’s assistant for quite a while now, and while she’s LOVED working for Michele, she must say goodbye. Ally is moving to Chicago at the end of the summer to pursue her two passions: improv and sketch comedy. Here’s what Ally has to say about working as Michele’s administrative assistant:
“Michele is more than just a boss. She’s my Western Mass mom, a true friend, and a GREAT cook, too. I mean, I eat KALE now! I know what Kimchi tastes like! It’s crazy. I’ve been so happy to support Michele’s nutrition practice because I feel so supported by her. Whether it’s coming to my comedy shows, enlightening me on how to be a healthier person, or pushing me to overcome my own personal resistance to better my circumstances, I know Michele has my back, just like I have her back. Michele’s nutrition practice has grown and changed immensely since I began working with her, and I think it’s all been possible because we both show up to the office looking to support each other and support this business we both care about.
My life is different after working with Michele. I know what it’s like to work for a good boss. A good boss. Of course I’ve gained plenty of technical experience and skill learning the ins and outs of managing a nutrition practice, but I’ve learned more than that, too. I’ve learned that it’s good to hold yourself to a high standard, because that’s how you make opportunities happen in your life. Thanks, Michele. ”
Wow! It sounds like working for Michele must be GREAT!
If you’re interested in working for Michele, here are the details:
Looking for someone with a independent, can-do attitude!
Michele LaRock is a nutritionist in Hadley looking for an assistant available weekly to help manage her nutrition practice. Specifically, Michele’s assistant would need to thrive in administrative tasks, technical support, and creative projects.
Administrative Tasks include:
- Entering data in Michele’s visits logs
- Scanning documents and organizing files in Google Drive
- Sending and filing invoices, receipts, and faxes
- Contacting insurance companies to check patient benefits
- Maintaining Michele’s WordPress website
- Helping Michele with infrequent phone, computer, printer issues
- Setting up necessary technology for presentations
- Creating flyers, handouts, and recipes for Michele’s workshops
- Maintaining Michele’s branding throughout all print and electronic media
- Creating WordPress blog posts and events
- Creating Mailchimp emails to send out to clients
- Creating presentations (preferably using Prezi) for Michele’s presentations
Attributes of an ideal candidate:
- Independent Worker – Michele often requires her assistant to work in office without her there.
- “Yes! And…” Attitude – Must be able to be flexible, adaptable, and agreeable through Michele’s changing needs.
- Consistent – Michele’s schedule is flexible with the assistant’s schedule, but will require consistency week to week.
- Focused, motivated, positive, and creative.
The job is 8-10 hours/week starting end of August
Starting pay: $12.00/hour (expect increase in pay over time)
Office located at 234 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035
Car is not necessary but would be more convenient (the office is on Route 9 the B43 bus route).
Submit a letter of interest and/or resume with references to Michele at RD@michelelarock.com with the subject “Assistant Application”.
It’s that simple!